Plantation Shutters – Stylish and Affordable
Plantation Shutters are great for adding charm and protection to your windows, doors and other areas of your home or business. In Australia’s warm climate, they can be used to control the amount of sunlight that enters the home, while giving your doors and windows additional design. Interior shutters are fitted to the inside of your window, swinging inwards to allow you to open and shut the window or to let light in. They are generally made with slats, also known as louvres, that can be opened or closed to control the amount of light you let into your home, as well as the amount of airflow. Shutters designed for the interior of a home can be made of synthetic materials, or from a wide variety of timbers which can be stained or painted. The best material depends on the use and position in the home. Synthetic materials, for example, are often chosen for bathrooms or other wet areas, where humidity and moisture could affect some wooden varieties. Australians have embraced this practical style and shading solution. Whether you choose synthetic or wooden shutters, there is no doubt that the simplistic but charming style presented by shutters fit the Aussies’ preference for minimalistic design.
Different types of shutters available
There are many types of shutters available today. Some of these are explained below:
- Solid shutters are a very traditional style. They are used in houses that are antique-styled and properties that use furnishings from the Victorian era. They provide maximum privacy and good sunlight control. They may contain solid panels that can be raised, recessed or flat. These were historically used widely in the UK. They are ideal for quaint cottages with wooden interiors, and they are perfect for French doors.
- Café-style shutters are the kind seen in cafes and restaurants. They are preferred by coffee shops because they only shade the lower part of the door or window. This allows just the right amount of light to enter the room, but leaves the upper part of the window open for customers to see in and out.
- Plantation shutters are the most-preferred type for homes. They are perfect for kitchens and living rooms because they have narrow slats or louvres that rotate open and shut, to balance the sunlight. They’re also easier to customize and they’re a good fit for most spaces inside the house. Plantation shutters can be installed over the glass on French doors or patio doors.
Window shutters are used by a lot of Australian households for a variety of reasons. Aside from adding aesthetic appeal to the interior of your house, window shutters can also protect your home against the harsh sun, and provide privacy from prying eyes.
Here are some of the many benefits of window shutters:
- They can provide protection against the sun and heat during the summer, and keep out the cold during winter.
- They provide just the right amount of privacy and security you desire, as you can choose to completely or partially close them.
- Not only do shutters have a clean look, they are also very easy to keep clean, simply by wiping them down.
- They are very easy to customize to the size and style of your window. You can choose your slat size, colour and panel design.
- In addition, they’re also cost-efficient as they are so durable, and the insulation they provide helps reduce your air conditioning bills.
Shutters for Doors
Shutters are not just for windows. Doors can be mounted with interior shutters too, providing the same benefits of style, shade and privacy.
Shutters for sliding doors are usually designed using Plantation or Caribbean Shutters. Plantation shutters are great for providing protection to glass sliding doors as they block objects from hitting the glass. They also add a stylish look, a good alternative when you want something more contemporary than simply curtains. Plantation shutters are also commonly used when installing shutters for French doors. These shutters lessen the pounding of blinds as the doors are closed and opened. Wooden plantation shutters mounted over French doors can definitely add a classic finishing touch to the design of the house. A very sophisticated look can be created by installing shutters for bathrooms, to filter the light from the windows and add privacy. The best shutters for bathrooms are made using materials that aren’t easily damaged by moisture and humidity.
Easy to clean
Whether your shutters are made of wood or synthetic materials, they are very easy to keep clean. Simply give them a light vacuum using the soft brush accessory on your vacuum cleaner to remove excess dust, each time you vacuum your house. Then, for a more thorough clean, perhaps once a month or so, use a cloth and wipe the slats from top to bottom to remove dust from crevices. For painted or synthetic shutters, use a cloth and soapy water, then dry down with a soft towel. Wooden shutters, however, are best cleaned with a cloth sprayed with wood polish, rather than soapy water, which can cause damage to the wood.
Plantation Shutters – a great solution
Shutters are attractive, durable and long-lasting. Even if you have kids in the house, there is no need to worry about damaged or cracked slats, as they are easy to replace. If you’re on the lookout for quality shutters, Sydney has one of the best suppliers in the market: Complete Blinds. We use resilient, quality materials created to provide the best shading solution for the Australian climate. Plantation Shutters cost can very – we offer some of the most quality yet affordable door and window shutters online. We will also have a shutters sale at times, so stay in touch for a chance to benefit from some quality products at amazing prices. Remember, if you’re searching for quality plantation shutters or plantation shutters prices in Sydney, contact us at Complete Blinds.