The window awnings is an external window covering which has been around for hundreds of years. Window awnings date back to ancient Egypt, Syria and Rome , and were used by the ancient Romans, most famously on the Colosseum. Awnings are attached to the outside wall of your house, providing a shield from the sun. They will keep your home cooler, reduce your air-conditioning bills, and help protect furnishings from sun damage. As well as being used over windows, these window coverings can be installed above doors, or used to shade decks or patios. You can purchase your window awning from a range of different styles. Choose the right awning from the list below. If you already have some installed, we also offer a recovering service. Save your money and have your existing frames recovered.
Awnings – Information
You may find the term awnings new to your vocabulary. A window awning is an exterior device that is typically made of metal or canvass that can provide shade for windows. Aside from being a decorative element for houses, an awning can add to the cheerful disposition that any home can bring. Awnings are attached above the windows to provide shade and sunlight through windows. This can help in the reduction of electricity costs by keeping a cool temperature inside the house. Not only that, awnings can also protect the skin from too much exposure to the sun. This decreases the risk of skin cancer. Awnings provide many purposes. Here are some of them:
- Awnings offer protection from the sun, rain, snow and other elements. Protection can keep people away from various skin conditions and diseases.
- They aid in improving energy consumption by reducing indoor heat coming from direct or indirect sunlight and radiant heat, thus aiding in air conditioning temperature control. They can protect indoor furniture, carpets, flooring’s and wallpaper from fading. The rays of the sun can also damage furniture inside the house.
- Awnings are environment-friendly. They can aid in having significant savings on the use of electrical appliances for cooling.
- For businesses, awnings can be used as a marketing tool to create a corporate image as well as to draw the attention of passersby. This is also a cost-effective way of advertising a brand or a product.
- Awnings can provide privacy – both for the exteriors and interiors.
- Aesthetically, they also add beauty to your home by enhancing the architecture and also increases appeal in the structure. Awnings can serve as a finishing touch by giving an elegant and classy look to any home or establishment.
- Awnings can provide UV protection. Nowadays, people are conscious of skin damage from the sun. With awnings, this can be avoided.
- Awnings also aid in the expansion of space so home or business owners can optimize the area if there is limited space.
Awnings over Windows
Window awnings can provide many benefits. Awnings over windows add value and convenience to a home or an office building. Aside from protecting windows, awnings can also provide privacy in homes and buildings. They can also increase the usage of the floor space. When set up in a backyard, awnings can protect people from ultraviolet rays of the sun, rain, hail and other forms of bad weather. In addition, they can also serve as parking shades in open areas. Proven to be tough and shock resistant, awnings are designed to be strong and can withstand storms and winds. They can be opened at any angle – slightly open, half-open or full open to keep away from the sun.
There are many types of awnings designs for awnings windows. Read through and find out what can be suited for your home or office:
- Freestanding awnings – these are useful when drilling is not allowed on the walls. They are just attached to a metal frame and can be used only when needed, depending on the season.
- Fixed awnings – these are firmly or permanently attached to a building, thus are difficult to remove.
- Retractable awnings – usually made from canvas or fabrics, these are more commonly seen in restaurants and some homes. They can be easily adjusted depending where the sunlight hits. They can also be rolled up or closed depending on the season or weather.
- Mechanical awnings – these are best for gadget lovers. These are remote controlled or sometimes can be connected to a light switch. This type saves cost for manpower as they can be adjusted with a click of a button. Many of our awnings can be motorised. Read more about Somfy motorisation technology.
Awnings over doors
There are also awnings for doors. Awnings over doors are purposely installed to protect doors from rain and sunlight. They can also provide a space for waiting guests and even wet umbrellas during heavy rains or a shade for protection from direct sunlight. For awnings outdoor, awnings outdoor blinds can also be customized for patios and verandas. These can provide protection from several elements and can also be a great venue to enjoy coffee and snacks with guests. For owners of awnings, taking care of awnings regularly is very important. There are some tips to regularly maintain awnings properly. Check once in a while for damages like bent frames, rusting and dents for metal awnings. After dusty weather, ensure to check them as well. Schedule an annual cleaning by using a water solution and mild soap. Make sure that lukewarm or cold water is used for cleaning. Remove any kind of debris like insect nests, leaves and twigs. When you see stains from bird droppings treat them immediately. When cleaning, use a broom or a stiff brush to remove dirt. During winter, it is best to remove the awning before the snow season begins. Just ensure to clean them before storing. If you are building a house or an office building, or an establishment like a restaurant, make sure to include an awning in your structure. This is not only for design purposes or to make your place more beautiful, but it can serve you many purposes too. There are many designs and types that are available online. You may consult your architect or your interior designer for the best design that can be suited for you, your home or your building.
Awnings for Sale
It is not difficult to look for awnings for sale. The good news is you can also look into awnings for sale in awnings online sales. In fact, you need look no further! Awnings prices can vary a lot depending on the material and complexity. The size, shape and colour can be chosen or even customized depending on the need. ! For further information, please give us a call on 02 8824 7875 or fill out the following form to send us an email. We would love to help you find the very best Awnings for your home!