Things You Should Know About Different Roller Blinds
When Selecting Window Coverings for your home there are many things to consider beyond the obvious of light control, colour and material. The reason there are so many different types of window coverings is that different coverings will suit different spaces. This makes selecting window coverings tricky. So we’ve tried to help.
Selecting Window Coverings: Choose The Best Blinds for your space
Window coverings offer practicality, privacy and warmth while finishing off the decor. For this reason, selecting window coverings that work for your space is important.
Types of Blinds on the market include
- Honeycomb – stylish and add insulation.
- Roller Blinds – Light, easy to operate and low profile. Should you choose the right material, Roller Blinds can offer complete Blockout or a sheer light filter.
- Roman – An elegant option which can be adapted to a contemporary or traditional setting, while a wide variety of fabrics make them easy to match your decor.
- Venetian –Available in timber, aluminium and PVC, venetian blinds will match any theme and are timeless so they’ll never go out of fashion!
- Vertical – Perfect covering for large expanses of glass, such as patio doors or highrise windows vertical blinds are easy to use and easy to clean.
Selecting window coverings: What to Consider
There are a number of considerations when it comes to choosing blinds for your home.
- Aesthetics – Pick a style that matches the look of your decor now but also one that will easily fit with the new thing you so. Blinds are an investment. Blinds should complement the décor of the room, so look for a style that is in keeping with the look, feel and theme of your interior. Timber shutters and Venetians offer a more classic feel, while metals such as aluminium are more suited to a contemporary home.
- Energy efficiency – the energy efficiency of your home can be affected by the type of blind you choose. Timber shutters and blinds, together with honeycomb are the best energy efficient blinds on the market.
- Privacy – Blinds come in a range of fabrics and materials which offer varying privacy. Beyond privacy, the thickness of the material you choose will also control the amount of light you’ll allow into the room.
- Shading – shading the interior of your home is important to maintain a comfortable ambient temperature as well as protect your furniture and flooring from the damaging UV rays of the sun.
If you need any more information on our range or advice on selecting window coverings please contact us.