Interior plantation shutters can be a beautiful addition to your home and add just the look you are wanting. As with any item you bring home though, there is the reality that sets in that eventually you will have to clean it and clean it well.
Here is a 5-step guide to cleaning your interior plantation shutters to not only prolong their lifespan but to also keep them looking as new as they did the day they were installed.
- The first step you need to do is remove all the debris and dust off the shutters. The easiest way and quickest way to do this is with the soft brush vacuum attachment. It will suck up all the dust and debris making the next step easier.
- After you have removed as much of the debris with the vacuum, wipe down with a dry cloth. This should help remove the majority of dirt and debris. Make sure to spend particular attention to the spaces between the shutters and areas that may accumulate dust readily. By this stage, the majority of the cleaning should be completed.
- The next step is to wipe your interior plantation shutters down with water. You want to try and avoid harsh chemicals unless you need to remove grease or other stuck on issues. You also want to avoid using too much water, especially with wooden ones, as it can cause them to warp and bend.
- Once it is fully washed off, it needs to be properly dried. You don’t want to leave water on it at all or it can cause spotting and water damage. This is vital as it also will help prevent dust getting stuck on any areas that you have cleaned.
- Enjoy your newly cleaned interior plantation shutters and know that they will last that much longer with your special care and attention.
Cleaning and maintaining your interior plantation shutters doesn’t have to be difficult and really is a matter of just ensuring that you remove all debris, wash it down and dry it thoroughly. Doing this on a regular basis will make sure you can enjoy them for many years to come.
If you are looking for shutters, or any other type of window treatments, our team at Complete Blinds would love to be your go-to place to create the windows of your dreams. Contact us at 02 8824 7975, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to see how we can help you today.