Australians embrace indoor/outdoor living, emphasizing the importance of ample windows for connectivity to the outdoors.…
Internal Shutters Sydney
Making a choice of which internal shutters Sydney residents need for their homes depends on a number of things. In this article, we not only look at the different designs and types of shutters but also where they are most applicable. This will help you make an informed choice for your desired shutters.
First of all, you need to know which windows you want to install shutters on. If you have a living room with large windows that run from the floor to the roof, for example, any one of the four designs Complete Blinds has to offer will do. With the help of a qualified interior designer, you should be able to pick one that best suits your tastes and room. Here are the individual designs and their applicability.
- They are made from Normandy hardwood, from the Phoenix tree, which makes it hard enough to withstand extremely hot weather conditions without warping.
- Due to the lacquer coating on them, they are not recommended for wet conditions. This also means that you cannot use them in bathrooms and kitchens where there is a lot of moisture.
- Because they are made of hardwood, they may provide great covering for places with a lot of traffic.
- A man-made product made with a timber core encased in Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS), which makes it resistant to warping.
- It is resistant to moisture and therefore ideal for wet weather, or places like bathrooms and kitchens.
- They are available in six different colours; painted only, which means they cannot lose their colour.
- It has a hard wearing material which makes it able to accept hard shocks. This is ideal for high traffic areas like doors leading to other rooms, or outside.
- It is a long-lasting wood-composite product, consisting of a Medium Density Fibreboard (MDF). This is a material made from tiny wood fibres pressed together with polymers under high heat and pressure.
- They come in solid colours which do not fade or yellow with time.
- This is the best choice for places that experience very high temperatures because its resistance to warping goes up to 60ºC without warping.
Western Red Cedar Shutters
- It is a softwood from the Cypress tree family, which comes in either light to medium, or medium to dark colour tones.
- They are normally used where a very natural timber look is required. This makes it suitable for places like lounges and waiting rooms, where if combined with plants creates a relaxing atmosphere,
- Care has to be taken on where they are installed because they are so soft, and therefore cannot withstand heavy knocks.
- It is highly moisture resistant, but because of the lacquer finish, it is not recommended for wet weather areas.
So make a choice of your favourite internal shutters Sydney. I guarantee you that whichever choice you make will be a wise one. By visiting Complete Blinds you will have a chance to see which shutters will complete your home in an affordable, classic and stylish manner. Just call 02 8824 7975, or visit their Sydney at 45/ 24-32 Lexington Drive, Bella Vista NSW 2153.