Blinds give your home privacy, insulation, security and ambiance. They often set the palette of the interior design of your home.
We know know that choosing blinds for your home can be a bit overwhelming and you can often feel like you don’t know where to begin. With so many things to consider, we’ve put together a list of helpful tips for purchasing blinds.
Things to consider when buying blinds:
- The room – Where do your blinds fit? Yes, we know. On your window, but, the best blinds stores know this really isn’t a silly question. Not all blinds or window coverings are suited to every window windows. We offer a range of blinds in different materials. While this spoils you for choice, you also need to consider where the blinds will be living in your home to ensure the material will be right for the room. Bedrooms often have different blinds to living rooms and kitchens, and the great thing is you don’t have to stick to the same style of blind throughout the house.
- Materials – The type of material you use will depend on a few things – your interior style, practicality, and function.
- Your climate and location – Your climate plays a huge part in the types of blinds you will choose. At this point, it’s probably best to speak to an expert about the preferred materials for your climate. E.g. When considering timber blinds, be aware that timber is easily damaged by moisture and can also buckle in high heat. They are best for a home that is relatively mild in heat and humidity.
- Privacy – The amount of privacy you require will be a personal choice… Block-out fabric blinds are incredibly popular for bedrooms as they offer light and noise privacy. Perfect for those who enjoy their Saturday sleep in! Sheer blinds are a wonderful choice for those wanting to let the light in but who don’t need a complete block out blind.
- Your look – As we said before, blinds set the tone for your home. Your blinds should be versatile while complementing your space.
Choosing blinds for privacy
Whether you’re after a window covering that offers complete privacy or very little, Complete Blinds has stock to suit. Here are three of our most popular choices for modern homes.
- Venetian blinds – they offer a great amount of privacy, light and sound control and allow you to easily alter the amount of light you let in.
- Shades and sheers – If a small amount of privacy is what you’re after – translucent blinds provide a little less privacy and light control.
- Shutters – These can be left open during the day and closed at night for complete privacy.
If you’re in the market for blinds don’t hesitate to contact the team at complete blinds, we have a great eye for detail and can help you choose the right blinds for your home.