Choosing a New Set of Blinds is Exciting & Fun! In this article, we'll guide…
We know the importance of choosing the right blinds for your home. They give you privacy, insulation and ambience, and often set the palette for the design of your home. With so many things to consider, we’ve put together a list of helpful tips for purchasing blinds.
Things to Consider When Choosing the Right Blinds for Your Home
1. The room: Not all blinds and coverings are suited to every window. You’ll need to consider where the blinds will be positioned in your home and ensure the material, colour and texture are right for the room. Bedrooms often have a different design to living rooms and kitchens, so you don’t have to stick to the same style of blind throughout the house.
2. Materials: The type of material you use will depend on a few things. Your interior style, practicality, and function all come into play when selecting the perfect blinds.
3. Your climate and location: The climate of the area you live in plays a huge part in choosing blinds. For example, timber blinds work best a home that is relatively mild in heat and humidity, as they can be damaged by moisture and buckle in high temperatures. Ultimately, speaking to an expert is the best way to ensure you’re choosing the right blinds for your home.
4. Privacy: The amount of privacy you require is a personal choice. Block-out fabric blinds are incredibly popular for bedrooms as they offer light and noise privacy; perfect for those who enjoy their Saturday sleep in! Sheer blinds are a wonderful choice for those wanting to let the light in but who don’t need a complete block out blind.
5. Your look: As we said before, blinds set the tone for your home. Your blinds should be versatile while complementing your space.
Choosing Blinds For Privacy
Whether you’re after a window covering that offers complete privacy or a sheer blind with minimal coverage, Complete Blinds has stock to suit. Here are three of our most popular choices for modern homes:
- Venetian blinds offer a great amount of privacy, light and sound control and allow you to easily alter the amount of light you let in.
- Shades and sheers are a great option if you’re only after a small amount of privacy. Translucent blinds provide a little less privacy and light control.
- Shutters can be left open during the day and closed at night for complete privacy.
If you’re in the market for new blinds don’t hesitate to contact the team at Complete Blinds on 02 8824 7975.