In this article, we will share helpful interior decorating tips to revitalise your space. Interior…
When deciding on which awnings you want for your home, it can be a bit of a daunting task. There’s many different types to choose from, and even once you have narrowed down which type you want, you still have to decide upon things like the style, colour and design. This becomes even more difficult when you are looking for awnings that won’t make your home feel dated, and trapped in the 1970’s.
Types of Awnings available
- Straight Drop Awnings. One of the best options to make your home look modern while taking advantage of all the benefits of awning is the straight drop awning. It’s not the traditional ones that you expect to see outside a store or an old-fashioned home. Straight drop awnings themselves come in many different styles. There are batten ones, that are operated by a rope and pulley system. There are channel stop awnings that have side channels to guide the material as it is opened and closed. There is a gear operated one, that can be left as a manually retractable awning, or set up to be motorised. There is also the straight drop roller style that goes up and down utilising a rope and spool system. Lastly, there is also a wire guided style that as the name suggests uses a wire guide to help open and close the awning. If that’s not your preferred look you can also look into the more traditional styles, which with the newer materials and colours can still look quite modern.
- Retractable Awnings come in a variety of styles and materials to create just the look you are seeking for your modern home.
- Motorised Awnings can be helpful to those who don’t want to put in the manpower to open and close the awning, or someone who can’t easily operate the manual variety. Like the other types, they can also come in a variety of colours, patterns, and styles.
- Portable Awnings are another option, especially if where you need the awning to be will change from time to time. These are easily moved and set-up where ever you need them to be. Done right they can be the perfect addition to a modern home and yard.
- Stationary Style is the last type. These are permanently set up and are not removable. They can create an intimate space in your yard, or create a backyard oasis.
In the end, the preference and style that will be best for your modern home will depend on your own idea of what you want. Straight drop awnings are the more modern choice, but that’s not to say that any of the other options cannot create a modern look.
When you are looking for ideas about awnings, or are ready to pick out the perfect one for your home, Complete Blinds would love to be your supplier and installer of choice. Stop by our store today and see how we can help create exactly what you are looking for.